Saturday, November 04, 2006

TIGER TIME!!!

Well, it's starting to look like Fall here in Southern California, and the leaves have been changing colors for awhile, and are starting to fall.


We had an abnormally hot and humid July, and it stressed the trees, and they're now rewarding us for our $300 monthly electrical bills from runing the A/C 24/7 for most of the month of July with one of the most spectacular displays of fall foliage that we've had in several years.

With the changing of the seasons, and the playing of The Tour Championship, our thoughts here in Thousand Oaks turn to TIGER TIME!

Tiger Time means that the Target World Challenge will soon be here...I just surfed on over to their site and this year's field is going to be especially fun - it's too bad they limit it to sixteen golfers, because I'm gonna miss Stewart Cink, Fred Funk and Michael Campbell. I've worked for those gentlemen over the past couple of years, and they're all incredibly cool guys to go out on the course with.

Yep, I get to go out on the course with the players, because I've volunteered enough times that I've worked my way onto the standard bearer team. A couple more years and I'll be ready to graduate to the walking scorers!

I've worked as a walking scorer at several LPGA events, but I'm still waiting for my "Big Break" at the Target World Challenge...hey, it's all good - it's just an honor and privilege to work the event, and it's literally about five miles from home! I can see the BLIMPS hovering from my backyard - how cool is that?

This year's Target World Challenge field looks like an instant reply of this year's Ryder Cup - here's who's coming to Sherwood Country Club this December:
2006 FINAL FIELD
Paul Casey
Darren Clarke
Fred Couples
John Daly
Chris DiMarco
Luke Donald
Padraig Harrington
David Howell
Davis Love III
Colin Montgomerie
Geoff Ogilvy
Jose Maria Olazabal
Adam Scott
Henrik Stenson
David Toms
Tiger Woods

I am signed up to work all four days, and I hope I get the pairings with Padraig, Adam, John, and Freddy...Davis would be nice, too - he's a totally cool guy, and I've worked for him before...

Padraig's one of my favorite players of all time, I've never seen Adam Scott play live before, John Daly's just a party and Freddy's Freddy...need I say more???

I saw John Daly do a knockout set of "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" with Hootie and The Blowfish when we were down visiting relatives in Memphis two summers ago...ol' John can SING!!!

I got the urge to write this because the operations office from the Tiger Woods Foundation called me today - apparently they couldn't make out some information on my volunteer form, so they called to clarify it with me...it got me thinking that we're rounding the corner from Halloween, and now we enter that time-warp time when it's WHAM-WHAM-WHAM from Halloween to Thanksgiving to Christmas/Hanukkah and New Year's...

No comments: