Thursday, March 22, 2007

Artan(TM) of the week-Mar 22, 2007

I couldn't help myself {sorry} - but I was reading the March 24, 2007 edition of Golfweek, and noticed this excerpt from the "Watchdog" section:

"NBC reporter Bob Murphy on the 13th hole Saturday, which was St. Patrick's Day: "It's time to make Mediate an Irishman. Here's Roc O'Mediate.""

That got me to thinking - Mediate sounds Italian (Rocco sure does) - there's two Italian tartans - why not make up an Artan(TM) for Rocco to celebrate his newfound "Irish-ness"? (Plus, Rocco's one of my favorite PGA Tour players - he's a Callaway guy (like me), and he's one of the most colorful, fun, outgoing personalities on the PGA Tour. I hope his back is going to continue going strong, because it was FUN seeing him SERIOUSLY in the hunt at Mr. Palmer's soiree last weekend...

So here you go, Rocco - these are what your TartanGolfGrips.com grips could look like (without the TartanGolfGrips.com watermark, of course):

{Notice how both Artans(TM) incorporate the colors of the Italian flag? The one on the right is MORE pronounced, with a horizontal line of red/white/green against a darker background, whereas the one on the left is a bit lighter and more subdued...I think that BOTH are really attractive though, which reinforces my assertion that there really IS a tartan for almost EVERYONE!!!

(Just wait 'til I show you the ones for Japan, Korea, Holland, Spain and GERMANY! In that same spirit of globe-trotting, here is ANOTHER ITALIAN Artan(TM) created for the Wandering Golfer's GIA BOCRA:



No comments: