Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Happy First Birthday - TartanGolfGrips...

Happy Birthday to me...
Happy Birthday to me...
Happy Birrrthday TartanGolfgrips.... (DotCom)
Haaapy Birrrrrthday tooooooo meeeeeeeee......(and many morrrrrre....)

It's difficult to believe that it was a WHOLE YEAR ago that the idea to launch TartanGolfGrips.com hit me, but I remember it distinctly (it's my half-birthday)...(Wikipedia is friggin' amazing...)

Plus, it was a couple of days later that I went hog wild, snapping up domain names at GoDaddy.com with wild abandon, overcome with fits of creativity, so I've got some renewin' to do tonight!!!

::: FOLLOW UP NOTE::: Holy SMOKES - renew about half a dozen domains for two years, add private registration, drop $225, do not pass GO, do not collect $200...(PAY #200, but definitely do not COLLECT $200)
No wonder GoDaddy.com postponed their IPO...they're getting more than enough money from their CUSTOMERS....(love ya, Bob)

It's been a GREAT ride, and I believe that it's only getting more and more exciting all the time....

I recently installed several Artans(TM) on grips for me, my wife, my Mom, my brother-in-law and took some pictures for some advertising that I'm doing...while I was over at the folks place, Mom was regaling me with stories of her childhood in Scotland, and produced a blanket that has been in her varous car trunks since I was a kid...Mom mentioned that she inherited it from HER Grandma Dow, who used it to keep her legs warm while they were out on Sunday afternoon drives in the Scottish countryside. Mom said it was old when SHE was a little girl, and estimates that it's over 100 years old...(and it's now in the trunk of her car....hmmmm....we need to do something about that...I feel a trip to Target coming on to replace a family heirloom with something a bit more , ummmm, PEDESTRIAN...) Check it out:


No comments: